The Department of General Surgery & Laparoscopic Surgery at Ramesh Hospitals offers advanced surgical care and support for patients with acute illness or injury, based on a multi-disciplinary approach.
All types of emergency and elective general surgeries from head to toe like thyroid, breast, abdominal pain, vomitings, bloody diarrhoea, bowel perforations, bowel tumours, gall stones, pancreatitis, liver abscess, diabetic foots, amputations, cellulitis, boils, lipomas, dermoid, all benign swellings, all types of hernias, hydrocele, haemorrhoids, anal fissures and fistulas.
All laparoscopic surgeries are conducted in age groups like – from pediatric to geriatric patients. Few procedures are as follows.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic inguinal/umbilical/incisional hernias
- Laparoscopic intestinal perforations
- Laparoscopic bowel resections and anastomosis
- Laparoscopic hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy/ ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy/ myomectomies
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for all trauma cases
Our expert teams comprising of highly experienced surgeons, trained nurses and ancillary staff are capable of handling even the most complicated cases – emergency or planned admission.We are one of the finest facilities of its kind in the region, offering outpatient, inpatient and 24*7 emergency care.
Laparoscopic surgery also called minimally invasive surgery (MIS) or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical technique in which operations are performed far from their location through small incisions (usually 0.5 – 1.5 cm) elsewhere in the body.
There are several advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus the most common, open procedure.
- Minimal small scars,
- Pain and haemorrhaging are reduced due to smaller incisions
- Recovery times are shorter,
- The patient can be discharged in 1 day.
- Complications like bleeding and others can be minimised because of magnification of clear vision under laparoscopy.