Neurosurgeons are specialized in all types of neurological diseases and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. They are available at Ramesh Hospitals 24*7*365. Our department is having an excellent back up by 3T MRI, 128 slice CT, DSA, neuro navigation system and endoscopes. This is further strengthened by the ICU of international standards monitored by qualified intensivists.
The consultants in the department have expertise in various aspects of modern neurosurgery including trauma care, cerebrovascular surgery, interventional neuroradiology, endoscopic neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery and stereotactic neurosurgery.
Comprehensive trauma services are available round the clock consisting of multi-disciplinary teams includes general, orthopaedic, plastic and ENT surgeons.
Skull base surgeries are done for brain tumours by a team approach and are offered for surgical excision of skull base tumours and craniofacial resection.
CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) leak, some forms of congenital hydrocephalus and intraventricular lesions were managed by endoscopic procedures.
The team also performs functional neurosurgical procedures like deep brain stimulation and epilepsy surgery. Neurological surgery for relief of cancer pain and chronic pain are practised here, like spinal cord stimulation and insertion of pain pumps.
Spine surgeries: Our surgeons are performing minimally invasive and endoscopic spine surgeries. We do spinal stabilization procedures for trauma and cancer disorders. We also perform surgeries for birth anomalies like spinal meningocele.
Treatments and Procedures :
- Carotid endarterectomy,
- Cerebral aneurysms procedures like vascular clipping and coiling. Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) excision or embolization
- Cerebrovascular bypass procedures
- Skull base surgery for brain tumours
- Pediatric neurosurgeries like cranioplasty for birth anomalies,
- III ventriculostomy and V.P shunt surgery for hydrocephalus, Surgery for spinal meningocele
- nterventional neuroradiology doing coiling of aneurysms & embolization AVM
- Neurotrauma surgeries and intracranial pressure monitoring
- Endoscopic surgeries for Pituitary tumours, intraventriculartumours and hydrocephalus.
Spine surgeries :
- Minimally invasive spine surgeries
- Endoscopic spine surgeries for lumbar disc
- Occipito cervical fusion for Craniovertebral abnormalities
- Cervical discectomy and replacement
- Cervical corpectomy
- Traumatic spine stabilization procedures
- Tumours of the spine and spinal cord